The Sawyer Family

The Sawyer Family

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Zoe McCall Sawyer

Well our little girl is finally here. I feel like this pregnancy just kept going and going. It wasn't a hard pregnancy it just felt long through the summer and getting my due date pushed back 10 days.
This is me at 39 weeks 6 days the night before I went in to get induced.
I was supposed to go in on Wednesday to get started but the hospital was packed with girls having babies and they didn't have any delivery rooms available so they pushed me to Thursday morning. We went in at 7:30 Thursday morning and spent the next hour and a half getting checked in and all set up. The nurse hooked up the pitocin at 9:00 and contractions started soon after that. My doctor came in and broke my water around 10:30 and then shortly after that I got my epidural. I was nervous for the epidural this time because when I got it with Baylee it was pretty painful and that is what I remembered but the doctor that did it this time did much better at letting me know what was coming and it went in smoothly and with only a little pain compared to my last one. My nurse went out to go help with another delivery after I got my epidural at which time I was dilated to a 5. She was gone about 2 hours and came back in to see how I was doing. She checked and said I was ready to go. Ahhh, already!! I was in labor for 13 hours with Brody and about 9 with Baylee so when she said I was ready I was shocked. Dallas had gone home to check on the dog and so I called him and he didn't answer, I was so worried he was going to miss it. Finally I got a hold of him and he hurried back. The doctor came in while the nurses were getting everything set up and then When everything was set up I started pushing. About 5 minutes later Zoe was here. Wow! I was so surprised at how fast it went. I felt like I should still be sitting around waiting but there she was. 
 Zoe McCall Sawyer 
born September 16, 2010 at 1:52 p.m.
9 lbs. 4 oz.  21 inches long

Brody and Baylee were waiting in the hall with their Grandmas and they both got to come in and see their new little sister for a few minutes before the rest of the crowd came in. Brody was so excited to see and hold her. He climbed right up on my bed and held and kissed his little sister. He is such a good brother and will watch out for her.
Baylee was a little nervous when she saw the IV in my arm and wasn't to sure about sitting with me but once she saw that everything was okay she climbed up and took her turn holding her little sister. She sat there and kissed her head about a hundred times. She is so excited to have a sister to dress up with and can't wait until Zoe gets to sleep in her bedroom with her.
Dallas loves his new little girl so much. He loves to just hold her and smell her hair after it gets washed. He is a wonderful daddy and I love him so much.

Me and my baby girl after her bath. She has a head full of dark brown hair. We are not sure where she got all that hair  but she sure is pretty.

We are so happy to have Zoe in our lives. She has already added so much joy to our family we love her with all our hearts. Welcome to our family Zoe, Love you so much.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Glad everything went well. You look too good for just having a baby! I keep my hospital pictures under lock and key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! congrats on the new baby girl!!! She is gorgeous and I just love all that hair! You're going to love styling that for sure :)
    And you look absolutely gorgeous after just having a baby! Way to go! And I love those chubby cheeks of hers. She was only 1 oz smaller than Nate! Chubby babies are so cute! So sad we can't see you guys! You'll have to bring the baby to church one of these days so we can meet her..LOL! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sawyer family! She is a beautiful addition to your little family! We can't wait to meet your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete