The Sawyer Family

The Sawyer Family

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Great Grandparents

While in Colorado, we were so blessed to be able to see Dallas' grandparents (the kids Great Grandparents). They haven't been able to see these grandparents very much at all so we knew it was important to spend a lot of time with them. We had so much fun sitting and listening to stories from when grandma was younger and going through pictures of the family. I didn't know much about the history of this side of the family so I really tried to right things down as much as I could to remember everything.
 Zoe and Grandpa Jack. She thought his oxygen tubes were very interesting and kept pulling them off his face.
                                             All the kids with Grandma Vaughn and Grandpa Jack

                                        4 generations of Sawyer boys. Such a good looking bunch.
 Going through pictures with Grandma, I think Dallas had the most fun sitting and listening to grandma, it reminded him of when they used to go visit when he was younger.
                                                          Dallas and the kids with Grandpa Jack
                          Zoe, loving on Grandma. What a special picture this will be for us to have.
                                                   Dallas and the kids with Grandma Vaughn

 Grandma jokingly said that she didn't know how long she was going to be around and told all of us to pick something that we wanted from her home. Dallas said he wanted her gun and I didn't know what to say for myself. I didn't know what she even had that she would want to give me. She decided for me and gave me a set of beautiful glass serving dishes. She is such a sweet lady and I hope that we are able to go visit again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment